papers by topic
Standard Young tableaux and Schubert polynomials
37. Bijections and hidden symmetries for skew staircase shapes, with Zachary Hamaker, Igor Pak, Luis Serrano, and Nathan Williams, arxiv:2103.09551, submitted
34. On the Okounkov-Olshanski formula for standard tableaux of skew shapes, with Daniel G. Zhu, 2020, arxiv:2007.05006, accepeted Combinatorial Theory
related extended abstract, poster at FPSAC 2020 Online
33. Counting linear extensions of posets with determinants of hook lengths, with Alexander Garver, Stefan Grosser, and Jacob Matherne, arxiv:2001.08822, SIAM Journal of Discrete Math (SIDMA), Vol 35 (2021), 205-233.
29. Asymptotics of principal evaluations of Schubert polynomials for layered permutations, with Igor Pak and Greta Panova, 2018, arxiv:1805.04341, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, Vol 147 (2019), 1377-1389
related article: Why is π < 2φ?, American Mathematical Monthly, Vol 125 (2018), 715-723.
20. Hook formulas for skew shapes II. Combinatorial proofs and enumerative applications, with Igor Pak and Greta Panova, 2016, arxiv:1610.04744, SIAM Journal of Discrete Math (SIDMA), Vol 31 (2017), 1953–1989.
Rook placements and q-analogues
13. Combinatorics of diagrams of permutations, with Joel Brewster Lewis, 2014, arXiv:1405.1608, Journal of Combinatorial Theory Series A, Vol 137 (2016), 273-306, related extended abstract and poster FPSAC Chicago 2014; supplementary code and data (v2. has an appendix by Axel Hultman with a shorter elegant proof of part of Thm. 2.1)
8. Counting matrices over finite fields with support on skew Young diagrams and complements of Rothe diagrams, with Aaron J. Klein and Joel Brewster Lewis, Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics, Vol 39, No 2 (2014) 429-456, arXiv:1203.5804, supplementary code and data
4. Matrices with restricted entries and q-analogues of permutations, with Joel Brewster Lewis, Ricky Liu, Greta Panova, Steven V Sam, Yan Zhang, Journal of Combinatorics, Vol 2, No 3 (2012) 355-396, arXiv:1011.4539; related extended abstract FPSAC Iceland 2011
Flow polytopes and Kostant partition functions
36. Refinements and Symmetries of the Morris identity for volumes of flow polytopes, with William Shi, 2021, arxiv:2102.05825
32. Kostant's partition function and magic multiplex juggling sequences, with Carolina Benedetti, Christopher R. H. Hanusa, Pamela E. Harris, Anthony Simpson, arxiv:2001.03219, accepted Annals of Combinatorics
27. A combinatorial model for computing volumes of flow polytopes, with Carolina Benedetti, Rafael S. González D'León, Christopher R. H. Hanusa, Pamela E. Harris, Apoorva Khare, and Martha Yip, 2018, arxiv:1801.07684, accepted Transactions of the American Mathematical Society
10. Flow polytopes of signed graphs and the Kostant partition function, with Karola Mészáros, 2012, arXiv:1208.0140, International Mathematics Research Notices, No 3 (2015), 830-871, preprint, related extended abstract FPSAC Japan 2012; supplementary code
Factorizations of permutations (maps) and q-analogues
related extended abstract, FPSAC Slovenia 2019
17. GLn(F_q)-analogues of factorization problems in the symmetric group, with Joel Brewster Lewis, 2015, arxiv:1511.00711, European Journal of Combinatorics, Vol 58 (2016) 75-95 preprint, related extended abstract, FPSAC Vancouver 2016.
7. Separation probabilities for products of permutations, with Olivier Bernardi, Richard P. Stanley and Rosena R. X. Du, Combinatorics Probability and Computing,Vol 23, No 2 (2014) 201-222, arXiv:1202.6471
2. Direct bijective computation of the generating series for 2 and 3-connection coefficients of the symmetric group, with Ekaterina Vassilieva, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, Vol 20, No 2 (2013), arXiv:1101.3614, related extended abstract FPSAC Austria 2009
11. Structure and enumeration of (3+1)-free posets
1. On the group-like behaviour of the Le-Murakami-Ohtsuki invariant, with David M. Jackson and Iain Moffatt, Journal of knot theory and its ramifications, Vol 16, No 6 (2007) 699-718, arXiv:QA/0511452
Connections to physics
30. Towards a more algebraic footing for quantum field theory, with David M. Jackson and Achim Kempf, arxiv:1805.09812, accepted Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical
Note: the title changed from Algebraic combinatorial Fourier and Legendre transforms with applications in perturbative quantum field theory
23. A robust generalization of the Legendre transform for QFT, with David M. Jackson and Achim Kempf, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, Vol 50 (2017), arxiv:1612.00462, we build on the unpublished preprint arXiv:0810.4293
13. New Dirac Delta function based methods with applications to perturbative expansions in quantum field theory and beyond, with Achim Kempf and David M. Jackson, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, Vol 47, No 41 (2014), arXiv:1404.0747, related article: How to (path) integrate by differentiating, Achim Kempf, David M. Jackson, Alejandro Morales, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 626 (2015), arxiv:1507.04348
update: This methods to integrate by differentiating have been implemented in Maple 2019 to compute Laplace and Fourier transforms and their inverses for a larger class of problems and to speed up other cases.
4. E7(7) constraints on counterterms in N=8 supergravity, with Niklas Beisert, Henriette Elvang, Daniel Z. Freedman, Michael Kiermaier, and Stephan Stieberger, Physics Letters B, Vol 694 No 3 (2010) 265-271,arXiv:1009.1643
Lecture notes (not edited by lecturers)
- last updated: October 24, 2014
- last updated: April 19, 2014