How to teach a class remotely
- Youtube videos of lectures: playlist, most of these videos were created in the following two ways:
- with a Mac desktop/laptop using
- with an ipad supporting apple pencil (or the more affordable and rugged crayon) using
I did small editing to the resulting videos using iMovie, exported to a file (I used low resolution) that I then uploaded to Youtube.
- I used Slack to communicate with the students and used Hangouts (sharing a link) to hold office virtual office hours. One can share the screen and use an online whiteboard or Xournal.
- Some other useful apps for collaborating in an online whiteboard are Jamboard, Scribble together
Note: The views and instructions presented here are my own and they do not represent those of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics or UMass, Amherst.